Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sunday Night

Lunches are made. Clothes are out. Bags are ready to go. Kids (and Jim) are in bed. Caroline is still awake, but three out of four ain't bad, as far as I'm concerned.
I was trying to upload some pictures to Snapfish to make Christmas cards. We had an excuse last year to not send them out (though nobody besides us knew it at the time), so I feel that somehow I really need to get my act together this year. We have some wonderful family pictures and some great pics of Sam and Caroline, but none of Nate smiling. This is hard to believe considering how much this kid smiles. So I've been combing all of our pictures trying to find some that coordinate angle, color, facial expressions while all at the same time matching the design of the card. TOO MUCH STUFF TO THINK ABOUT! And suddenly, instead of being fun, making a card became a chore. Just one more thing to do.
I'll have to re approach it when I'm in a better frame of mind. I want stuff like this that go with Christmas to be fun.
Too bad I'll think about it all day tomorrow.
Ugh - why can't I just let things be good enough? It doesn't have to be perfect. I'm certainly not.
And how.

Here's what has been happening here lately:
Sam continues to amaze us with "Sammy being Sammy". Has taken to nursing his stuffed animals when I'm nursing Nate. And while I almost dropped over the first time I figured out what he was doing, after I thought about it I decided there are much worse things that my son could be doing. Plus, it's cute. I'll just hope he outgrows it before he goes to school.
Nathanael continues to become more and more interactive. He is constantly gooing or gaa-ing or fake coughing to get someone's attention. His newest trick is that if he notices that my mind is somewhere else when I'm nursing him, he'll whack me with his arm until I talk to him. Good thing he's cute! Our Little Man is getting bigger every day. Fifteen pounds, eleven ounces and twenty five and a half inches long at last check. HOLY SCHIKES! He's a big kid. Somewhere around the ninetieth percentiles for height and weight. No wonder my arms get tired lugging him around!
Yes, Caroline is reading from the "Baby Be of Use" series. Gotta start them young!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home