Hot.
Well. The title says it all. It's hot here. But I think of this. And I laugh. So it's definitely not as bad as it could be. That would be this. Which also makes me laugh. =-)
Speaking of as bad as it could be....
I'm getting nervous thinking about tomorrow because even though it's 94 out, the humidity is almost nil. And tomorrow the descriptor they keep using is oppressive. Oh, goody.
So I'm fighting the dehydration monster by drinking. And going to the bathroom. And drinking some more. And going again. I'm eight and a half months pregnant - I don't have to paint you a picture. Let's just say I don't go anywhere without knowing where there's a bathroom. =-) But as long as Trippy is okay and I don't go into labor (quite yet - ask me again in a couple weeks - I might have a different answer for you), it's all good.
We set some sort of record this weekend. We were up at the lake and didn't take a single picture. Not. One. Single. Picture.
Crazy, I know.
The fireworks were beautiful. And, as usual, a good time was had by all.
The kids and I went out this morning and got a bigger kiddie pool (the key was to get one that Mommy could fit into as well) while Jim was painting the bathroom. The bathroom will be just lovely when it's finished. All we'll need to do after the painting is done is to re-touch the cabinet (it looks a bit antiqued now) and to hang the mirror and cabinet. Hooray! At this point in my life, the whirlpool tub is worth its weight in gold! After the painting and some picking up were done, we turned out front yard into a water park and vegged out. I think we'll be doing a lot more of this during the week.
I scrapped all my meal planning for the week because of the weather, I don't even want to use the microwave. So much for hot meals! It's cereal and pasta salad and burritos and green salad this week. And if you don't like that? May I suggest a gourmet peanut butter and jelly? =-) Mama's not cooking.
I'll post some pictures because I can feel my feet swelling up. Time to go run around a bit.
Sam from atop the slide:

Here's CJ posing in the new pool:

And the two urchins on the front steps patiently awaiting their popsicles:

Nastrovia!

I really wish this picture was centered better, but here's my little stink-a-doo!

And Caroline and Dada running through the sprinkler

And Caroline and Mama staying cool in the pool:

Last but not least...Here's Sam and pjaffe:







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home