Monday, June 14, 2010

Caroline's Graduation...

Caroline graduated from pre-school today! She's been exited about this for days now - she has repeatedly asked me over the past few days if I was going to "be there at school" for her. Yes each time, of course (I did take the morning off to watch) and we were treated to a fun show. They all paraded in from the back of the OLA Cafegymatorium (yes, it's a semi-real word). Here is Caroline coming in almost jumping to me and missing the right-hand turn to walk up from the back up to the stage...




Caroline sat in the front, which was fortuitous, making it easier for us (and others) to take pictures of everybody's favorite ham. She was so exited to be on the stage and to see us that she'd wave to us.









When everybody giggled, she must have figured that everybody enjoyed it when she did that so she waved to everybody off-and-on the rest of the event...

They sang six songs, including Country Roads by John Denver. She did not believe me when I told her that it was one of my (and Grandpa's) favorites.



You can tell that Caroline *really* wanted the microphone as some other girl got to sing a solo for the crowd. I asked her later if she wanted the mic and she said "yeah, I wanted to sing in the mic but Miss Murphrey took it." That solo also explained why each pre-schooler has been coming come yelling "yeah, BABY!" for the past month!

Sammy was busy cheering on his older sister too:




When it was all over all of us parents had apparently decided that we needed to sugar up the kiddies, and brought cookies, donuts, brownies (we brought bakeless Scotcheroos - thanks Frigidaire!) and then we sent them to daycare so Karen and I could get to work for the afternoon. Caroline was generous and brought Sam a cupcake.




However, whomever made them had, uh, used a little too much red food coloring in the frosting...



If you tried to wipe it off it turned your hand red too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home