Yet Again.
I'm trapped.
Sam has been a lot better about going to sleep, but tonight is an exception. I'm sitting here listening to the cries of, "I no go to bed. I stay here. I play with Thomas. No, no, no. We read book. I read about Big Bird."
At least I was smart enough to bring up my laptop. But I failed to realized I don't have any desk space up here and Trippy kicks so violently that he/she can kick the laptop right off my lap as I'm writing. This happened the other day as I was documenting sitting with a client and it nearly scared the daylights out of her.
So I guess doing paperwork is out for tonight.
I'm devastated. Just devastated. =-)
Our bathroom renovations are continuing. Sigh.
The bathroom is ripped to the studs. The joists are re-sistered. The plumbing is re-done. The center stack is straightened out. All we need now is a subfloor, floor, walls, toilet, sink, tub and shower and we're in business!
This whole being without a shower thing is for the birds. I'll be right up front and make the assertion that I would not last in a third world country. I'm also willing to say that hot showers should be a human right. We all went to shower last night at work. We didn't know there was no hot water in the lady's locker room. Caroline and I braved our cold showers as best we could. Caroline simply refused to get her hair wet (and I couldn't argue with her - it was THAT cold). I sucked it up enough to get in, clean myself and wash my hair - but I was practically in tears the whole time.
I'd like to think of myself as a strong, capable woman. But when it comes to cold water I'm a total wuss.
Since everything in the upstairs is covered with a fine layer of dust, I've also been having dreams about cleaning and being clean. Not that I can do much about it now...
I'm just trying to think about how nice the bathroom will be when it's done. We sprang for a whirlpool tub (we might as well go for the gusto if we're replacing everything, anyway). The vanity we chose is very pretty and I really like the cabinets as well. And it will be so nice to not have brown and taupe colored tile walls. AND not to feel like we're standing at the drive through at Dunkin' Donuts while we're standing in the shower (if you're at all curious about this, feel free to contact my father - it's a great story). We're praying it's done soon. AND that everyone stays clean in the meantime. =-)
Here are some before pics:


And a during picture:

Hopefully the after pictures will come very, very soon!
But we've been having fun out-of-doors recently. Here's what we've been up to...
Sam finished a whole candy necklace.

Here's Sam and Bee-pa

Here's my favorite sea-star:

And the gang playing with the sprinkler at Ria's house:




And that's all she wrote for tonight. By this time, Sam is sleeping soundly (as are Jim and Caroline) and I've been sitting long enough for my piggie toes to be swollen like little sausages.
Good night!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home