Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Been a While

Okay - it has been a while.
But not for a lack of effort. I think about blogging a lot, but staying up past nine o'clock (unless the Celtics are on, of course) is becoming more and more challenging.
We've been very busy. Busy in a good way, but busy never-the-less. We've started our painting and remodeling. We have all the parts of our renovated bathroom stored in the garage just waiting for the bathroom to be ripped down to studs (I'm getting very nervous about what we're going to find behind those walls). School is winding down. My job as it is currently structured ceases to exist on July 1st (this sucks). And on top of all this, Trippy is on the way.
Jim says that the very fact that I'm not a raving lunatic with all this going on is a miracle in itself. We're all doing our best to roll with the punches and keep things in perspective. And you know what? It really hasn't been that bad.
The kids are keeping us on our toes.
Sam is wonderfully funny is his Sammy-being-Sammy, very structured, anal-retentive but cute and lovable sort of way (where do you think he gets that from???). All he wants to do is play basketball and baseball. When we go for walks in the stroller, he has to take his baseball bat with him. He is still loving his trains and Thomas. He got a new-to-him stuffed giraffe this weekend at a garage sale. His name is "Pjaffe the Giraffe." It's adorable. His language skills are coming along very steadily and he is never at a loss for words.
The kids "helped" us paint the bedroom. It's a toned-down version of Funshine Yellow. Even with it being toned down considerably, it's still very bright. But it's also a very Caroline color, which I suppose is a good thing.

The kids were more of a help when Jim was able to take them to Old Sturbridge Village so I could have five unadulterated hours full of painting fun-time pleasure! I do have to admit I was a little jealous when I heard that they ran into our friends from church there and had an even better time than expected.


Jim and Sam managed to hook up the television in our new built-in cabinets. I have to admit that it has been very nice to be able to watch the basketball games while lying in the lap of luxury on the living room couch. But since we stayed up on Sunday night to watch the game, I was asleep before the first batter of the Dodgers game last night. I think we're realizing that we need more sleep than we're getting.


Caroline got a new leotard from Nina. She loves it. And is wearing it again today. All I can say is that I'm glad that she isn't a ballerina anymore (she's keeping her underwear on). =-)


Okay - time to go get the laundry done, start dinner, clean the house and do all the other things that have been neglected recently. Oh - and have I mentioned we're having a potluck dinner at the house tonight? I think the pregnancy hormones must have some sedative effect because I'm not hyperventilating (yet).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home