Okay...maybe more than one blog post a month is all I can handle. We've got things pretty much under control right now...and lest I tempt the fates - I'm sure things could fall off the rails at any given moment. That's just the 2020 Way...and it's okay. It still boggles my mind that we've been social distancing since March. Nine months. Crazy. In some ways I miss pre-pandemic life. But in a lot of ways, I don't.
I HATE HATE to see see people suffering. It's not fair.
I'm grateful for the opportunities that this little virus has given us to just BE together, though.
We were able to Adventure for Thanksgiving. We headed down to Chincoteage, VA. I had NO idea that the Delmarva was so big! It reminded us a lot of Oklahoma, actually. Except for the whole ocean thing, of course. But the flat cropland, discrepancy between the haves and have-nots and the she sheer beauty of the area that is unique...just brought us back. It was also nice to run into a nice lady from Moore who commented on Nate's Thunder sweatshirt. Everywhere we go - we're just a little bit Okie. And that makes me very, very happy.
 |
| Thanksgiving Family Selfie in the cottage in Greenbackville, VA. |
 |
| Don't be messing with Mama when she has Polar Seltzer. As much as we'll always be a Little Bit Okie...we'll always have a lot of the Woo in us, too. |
 |
| Caroline was absolutely in her happy place. |
 |
| We went all the way to Virginia to find Bedlam! |
 |
| The beach at Chincoteague was great. At certain points, it was only a hundred feet between the Atlantic & Queen Anne Sound. The personality differences that 100 feet made in the ocean were amazing. |
 |
| Benjamin did a great job staying out of the water. As usual. |
 |
| Finally...a decent picture. Just stay there and let me get a few more....and a few more... |
 |
| SO you can get drenched with a wave. You're welcome! :) |
 |
| Alligator jerky is gross. Jerky shouldn't be bouncy when you chew it. But we tried it. |
 |
| What Sam lacks in a poker face, he makes up for in throwing his opponents off in clothing. Because THIS is how he plays poker. |
 |
| After this, they STILL wanted to get a "silly face" picture. This wasn't sill enough. |
 |
| Family selfie! As we were hiking, a family wearing Texas garb walked by. Without even looking at eachother...but making sure they couldn't see us...Nate and I both gave a big HORNS DOWN. |
 |
| The sunsets over the Sound were breathtaking. |
 |
| Beaches that look like this were only a few hundred yards from brackish marshes. The changes in ecosystems were amazing. |
 |
| We also didn't realize that Wallop's Island is near Chincoteague. There weren't any launches, but we did get to watch the E2 and C2s training. They were doing touch-and-go landings all morning. So cool to watch. |
 |
| We decided to drive south as far as we could just to see what we could see. Cape Charles, VA is an adorable town, very Frederick-like, right at the southern end of the Delmarva. Not only does it have an excellent brewery, but we clearly were not the only Watsons in town. |
 |
| As a result of the off-season and COVID, the candy store was empty. The employees were making fudge and let Benjamin lick the spatula. He didn't like it. Not. At. All. |
 |
| Remember what I said about those gorgeous sunsets? |
 |
| Back to basics on Thanksgiving. We are grateful. |
 |
| An Assateague pony. They're stout creatures and totally run the island. |
 |
| This one was sleeping. Kept lifting one back leg of the ground. It was cute. |
 |
| To celebrate the new school year...I found Watson Schools (with merch) in Saskatchewan, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Oklahoma. Now they can't complain that they don't have school shirts "like the regular kids". |
 |
| Ready to go for the new school year. One in high school, one in middle school, two in elementary. It's kinda petrifying. |
 |
| Especially when they react like this when asked to write a paragraph about their cat. |
 |
| I mean, really. A doctoral thesis could be composed on the pure regality in this little kitty-monkey here. She tolerates bipeds well... |
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home