Mid October
I woke up with a start this morning and for some reason realized I had not written anything in October yet. So here we are...almost halfway through October. Only 2 1/2 weeks until Halloween, 3 more weeks left of baseball and, mercifully, 3 more weeks left until the election. The Board of Education for the county met last week and determined that attending in-person school for the majority of students will not be considered until at least January. Which is good and terrible. But mostly good, I think. I know that kids are struggling to learn and teachers are struggling to teach. The virus numbers are going up...and I think it's only a matter of time before we go back into a lock-down model. Even looking at Europe & Canada - who are already seeing second waves...I think we're all in this for the long haul.
It's funny...but I keep getting anxious that we will run out of food...so if I see something that I remember was difficult to get during the Spring, I get it. We do have enough food to feed the Watson Army for a while downstairs, but I am glad that the food is on hand...just in case. The Depression Era food hoarding that I used to see so much in the nursing home has suddenly become so much more relatable. But in the end...grocery shopping...and life...are all about finding balance. Yorks...marked down to $.49? How could I do anything BUT buy the whole box?
We went back down to DC the next day to see the Arsenal of Democracy Flyover to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of VE Day. It was rescheduled from May. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate on Friday OR Saturday. We took the opportunity to Adventure about the Tidal Basin and see the some of the more obscure and out-of-the-way monuments (George Mason - I'm talking about YOU). Jim took the day off to join us and it was just. so. freaking. nice. to adventure together. Could be get a decent picture, though? Absolutely. NOT. Except for this one..which makes me want to to hug them all and just say how grateful I am to be their Mama. 1 out of eleventy billion pictures isn't that bad...

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home