Election Hangover
We made it through the election. We still don't know who won...but we made it through. Living in a farm town with a television in a decidedly un-swing state, our local races were the big focus. It is funny to think that if we lived thirty miles north, the future of the country would hang on every single one of us. Instead, we get to vote our conscience and utilize the power of the write in ballot. And that's okay, too.
We are continuing to steadily push through school. We're almost to the end of our school year. We are all ready for a break. I'm going to have to try hard to find projects for Benjamin to do (that won't make him complain too much) while the Olders are finishing up. Today you would have thought I asked him to pull his toenails out after asking him to watch a few videos on polio and write a paragraph about polio and the polio vaccine. He did it eventually, but with much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Ugh.
Baseball is done! We survived. I'm afraid life will seem rather boring without having to be in Taneytown and Middletown at the Same. Exact. Time.
You know you're the weird homeschool family when you paint your batting helmet with phrases and Latin and are waaaay too excited about it. Plus Ultra = Further Beyond. Who knew?

Benjamin thought he was such a tough guy with the eye black. It was adorable.
Sam is enjoying Boy Scouts. He's happy to be back in a troop, making friends and learning. The fun of outdoor camping in a bivouac he built that afternoon when it's 35 degrees is still up for debate...but he's still talking about going camping again in January...so it must have been at least okay. Isn't he handsome?
...And...Isn't she just gorgeous? As much as I didn't want to make a Mariah Reynolds dress, the color looks great on her.
Even though my character spied for the Continental Army...I love me some King George III. ;)
Here's Mariah Reynolds, Thomas Jefferson, Aaron Burr and John LaurensAnd here's the whole Gang.
Pardon me. Are you Aaron Burr, Sir?
so I plopped down the couple dollars and took in the dress that afternoon. I was able to get Marissa in on the gig, too. Jim was pleased. :)




















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home