Almost Christmas
It's December 20th and it pretty much looks like Christmas and homeschool threw up in our house. I'm okay with it...right now...I'm sure I'll insist everything gets picked up before the insanity of decorating the Christmas tree begins...but for now...I'll blog.
We have two teenagers in the house! Sam turned 13 this week. Simply blows my mind that he has gone from the chunky baby with fuzzy ears and a shock of black hair that was generally displeased with life outside the womb...
To this kind, thoughtful, dancing, history loving, airplane obsessed Boy Scout who camps outside in a bivouac he built and has the biggest heart I know. Happy Birthday, Sam! You are amazing. Keep being YOU. We love you very much.| It takes bravery to sleep outdoors like this! |
![]() |
| Sam's friends surprised him by attaching balloons to our porch for him to wake up to. He was so happy. |
![]() |
| But next time he camps, he'll have more light. |
We got the first real snow we've seen in years on Sam's birthday. I ventured out in the beginning of the storm to get take out for lunch and was overwhelmed at the beauty of where we live.
Before things got going, Nate went outside to catch some snowflakes. 
In typical Nate fashion, it was a dramatic production. It's looking like there may be more snow and a flash freeze on Christmas. Since we can't go anywhere anyways...I can't say I mind. We got the fireplace fixed and have been really enjoying using it. I'm considering moving the homeschool area out near it. It's warm & cozy - so far we're getting our work done there...All I want to do is curl up in front of the fire with a cup of tea hot apple cider spiked with fireball and a good book.
The cats have been particularly ridiculous lately. Tseitle doesn't venture out much - she seems to be a snuggler once people are situated in bed. Tessie has been very interested in the fire. We've found her curled up in the stuffed chair so many times.
![]() |
| We snuck PD a little bit of pork. Five minutes later, this is how we find him laying on the floor in the middle of the kitchen. |
![]() |
| Caroline made this gorgeous ornament from a Herkimer Diamond. |
I have one more pair of Christmas pajamas to complete. Hope to get them done today. The chosen themes were bacon, taco cat, sharks with Christmas sweaters and sushi. I'll put up the pics when they're finished.






















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home