Thursday, January 05, 2017

Back in the Swing

Got about 15 minutes to blog today.
I'm sitting here while Benjamin naps (hallelujah!!!), typing and trying to keep warm by having some green tea.  I get that it's healthy - however, it feels like I'm sipping leftover lawn clippings.

Morning have been difficult here for the past few days.
Evenings have been more difficult, though.
You see, no on wants to sleep - even though they are deathly tired.
Tired like they fall asleep in the car on the way home from school - but they get a second wind at six thirty or so and then it's ON like Donkey Kong.
Until 9:30.
Disliking games and anything that involves being un-horizontal after 9pm - this doesn't fly with the Mama.
So - it's an earlier bedtime tonight.
Like we have told the kids, if you can't be happy and do what you need to do in the morning - then it's clear to us that you need an earlier bedtime.
For half of the kids - that may be 6pm.
Oh - help us.

With the New Year, the 15 minutes of decluttering a day has also be re-instituted.
The problem being *when* to find those 15 minutes because if the kids are around, the things that I have decluttered find their way magically out of the trash.  Even if they are trash.
Like the bottlecaps a certain child collected from classmates last month.
Seriously.

I can't make this stuff up.

Today is crazy hat day at school.
Caroline is officially too cool for stuff like that now - though I did see her nab my panda socks for Silly Sock Day.
Nate is wearing a fedora with flowers all over it.
Sam took a selfie with his cousin's sailor's hat.
She passed on the hat, but wore a bandage on her wrist.
For the first time in 11 years (knock wood), we had to get x-rays.
Typical FOOSH injury.
Doing better now.
Off to declutter and finish a waist casing and a collar for a dress for Caroline for tomorrow.
It's Character Dress Up Day and she decided to be Katherine Tyler from "The Witch of Blackbird Pond".  A fantastic book, one of may favorites when I was her age, which is probably why I consented to the insanity of making a dress for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home