Friday, July 22, 2016

The Urchins

I know we can be pretty rough on the kids.
They are awesome, but because of their sheer numbers, it gets overwhelming. 
A lot. 
Ideas get thrown around.
Many are cockamamie (see here).
But some are just freaking awesome and the kids don't get enough credit.

When they had the idea to set up a stand to earn funds to donate to the Frederick County Food Bank, I'll admit, internally I rolled my eyes thinking it would be more things for me to clean up after.
Then things got real when they started raking in money and looking up what the food bank's most significant needs were.  
They earned $53! 
Yesterday we went to Wegmans and they spent on canned food and other sundries, staying entirely in their budget. 

It was great to watch them work together to determine the greatest need and figure out how they could get the most bang for their buck.
We're proud of these Urchins.
Wicked Proud.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home