Thursday, July 14, 2016

Boilermaker

I look forward to Boilermaker weekend every year.  

Family is there, which makes it like summer camp in a hotel.  

It's the perfect distance, a gorgeous route (once I get my a$$ to the top of the hill), great course support, awesome music, I get to mouth of to Senator Schumer when he teases me (EVERY YEAR) about my Sox hat, hanging with the Tolpas afterwards and the Saranac.  
Who can forget the Saranac?  

Good news is that my Dad still beat everyone in the family (by 20 seconds only!), so we keep our Designated Driver for next year.  
Only 360 more days until July 9th.  

Before the race.  Pops looks thrilled to be in the picture, doesn't he?  

We all certainly look happier after the race.  

Mrs Tolpa introduced the kids to half moon cookies.  These were such a special treat when I was a little girl.  I'm so glad the kids got to have them.  

It is impossible to get all of us looking in the same direction at once.  And so, so very wonderful to have everyone together.  



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home