Friday, March 11, 2016

Friends

God has surrounded us with the greatest people. 
Seeing the last blog post as a poorly veiled cry for help, friends are showing up at my doorstep. 
It has been wonderful.
We've all been struggling with Jim on the road so much. 
I didn't realize it, I think, because I was trying so hard to keep up. 
Being able to sit and talk to Kindred Spirits has been the highlight of the past few months.
I am grateful.

No one has been sleeping this week.  Caroline said to me this morning, after I opened her door and it conked her on the head because she was sleeping on the floor in front of it, "I just don't sleep good when Daddy isn't here."
Ain't it the truth.
Tuesday morning Caroline greeted me at 4AM, saying she couldn't sleep.  I got up with her, ran on the treadmill and got her to use the time as a head start on her flute practicing.
Wednesday morning, Nate greeted me at 3:30 after a nightmare involving M&Ms trying to eat him.  Wild Kratts kept him entertained while I ran that day. 
Thursday morning it was both Nate and Ben who woke up at 4.  At that point, I let them play legos and pound the tar out of each other so I could get a run in. 
This morning I was so stinking tired that I when I looked at the treadmill, in spite of there being no one in the house awake, shook and head and said, "Nope.  I need coffee."
I can count the number of times that has happened in the past three years on one hand.
Guess I just needed an off morning.  
After Jim arrived I was able to get out of adulting for an hour and run 5 miles. 
Not only is it good to see him, it's good to have some time alone. 
It will also be good to be able to justify dessert tonight.
Chocolate helps everything. 

Caroline was able to go to the Kennedy Center to see La Sylphide this past weekend.
The was enthralled.
Every time I look at her, I'm surprised by how darned beautiful and grown up she is.
Sigh.

The boys and I are keeping on with our bread making.
Next up is making yogurt.
We go through about 16 cups of yogurt a week.  I don't see that number going down any time soon.
Herkimer supervises all our baking.
Even the cat can't escape Nate's bunny ears.  

After the past months, we're all worn out.
This was Nate after school one afternoon.
We're getting by with a little a LOT of help from our friends.
Thank you. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home