15 Minutes
Well - closer to 10 now, with all the rigmarole I had to go through to sign on to mozilla.
Getting back in the swing of things after having a whole week off due to snow is difficult. Nate arrives home from school looking like he has been on a three day bender and is sleeping by 7:30.
Benjamin misses the kids.
Sam and Caroline both woke up on Monday morning saying, "Really? School today?"
Meanwhile, Mommy was doing a jig.
Don't get me wrong, it was great to have them home.
It's also nice to send them back.
Caroline had her Spelling Bee last night.
She made it a fair way in and lost out on the word "curries".
Who even says that?!?
There were words spelled I had never even heard of.
I left the Bee with a new gratitude for spell check.
This week, after toiling over cinnamon rolls, we have discovered the joy of baking with yeast.
More like we've re-learned that patience is a virtue when waiting for dough to rise and more often then not, patience sucks.
Yet another life lesson from the kitchen.
Caroline found the recipe in Taste of Home and wanted to try it.
They were time consuming, but enjoyable.
Because baking is one thing.
But baking while being assaulted by younger brothers with shields and duplo guns is another.
The Youngers and I baked bread this morning.
Only these children can turn baking into a full contact sport.
My kitchen will never be the same.
But then Nate asks to listen to Shostakovich (be still my beating heart) and I find Ben like this sleeping because he's so tired from chucking dough all over the kitchen and it pretty much evens out.
TIME UP.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home