Quiet
It's as quiet as it can be on a Saturday morning with the kids watching PBS Kids and all sick with colds.
They don't feel well enough to pound the tar out of one another, which is good and terrible.
All four were home sick yesterday.
Caroline got the brunt of it, with a nasty case of pinkeye.
She loathes the drops we have to put in her eyes and tells us how unfortunate her situation is every chance she gets...but I suppose it would be worse if she didn't have the energy to complain.
So we read and played legos and watched "Night at the Museum" yesterday. It wasn't totally mindless because we ended up needing to look up some of the characters to see why they interacted the way they did, "Why do the Indians hate General Custer?...Why is Napoleon so grumpy?...Who is Octavius?"
Had to squeeze in some history lessons somehow...
With just a shade over a decade of having at least one child in diapers, the Pampers Era is coming to an end in our house.
Benjamin has embraced using the potty with minimal encouragement.
This backs up my theory that children will potty train when they are ready and not a single second before.
The only caveat is that he refuses to wear any underwear but his green ones.
When these aren't available, he reports to me, "Mama. My underpants are dirty. I freeball."
Fan-freaking-tastic, Benjamin.
We just signed up Nate and Sam for soccer in the spring.
I already wrote down their practices and games on the calendar, just to see what things would look like.
It will certainly be busier than we are now, with practices T,W, Th and games on Sat; but it doesn't look particularly overwhelming.
The kids have been better about making their lunches and doing homework right when we get home - so I think it will be okay.
I'm looking forward to the extra time outside, actually.
The upcoming weekends are busy for us, so we intend of keeping these few days as low key as possible.
Thanks to an amazing sale on fleece, we'll be making some blankets for Project Linus. I've made 18 sets of pajamas since October, so something different will be nice. I also have some gorgeous fabric for a new skirt for me that I've been eyeing for months on Title 9. Why buy it when I can make it?
I have wanted my whole life to be able to say that!
How cool.
For her birthday, Caroline was able to pick out a new pair of boots that she has been talking about for a long time.
She feels very sophisticated in them. Can't you tell?
She is a gorgeous young lady. :)
My Superhero Husband, assisted by a trusty sidekick, was able to fix the dishwasher without someone having to come out for a service visit.
Out of all the superpowers someone could have, dishwasher repair is one of the dreamiest.
We were able to get a new vacuum, too.
It's good.
Made even better by the fact that it's the top rated model from Consumer Reports, it was well within out budget and we got it for more an $100 less than the lowest price reported on Consumer Reports.
SCORE!
The only thing that bugs me is the "dirt sensor" function. I'm going to have to turn it off. It's always on...just taunting me. There should be an "Will you quit flashing?!!? I have 4 kids, so cut me some slack. I won't vacuum everyday" sensor setting.
So...it's off to a day of coloring and resting and napping and picking up. The kids are tired from feeling yucky. Nate slept for three hours yesterday afternoon. I even got a nap in, too.
It was glorious.
Have a great day.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home