Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Riddle Me This...

I'm in fairly good shape.
I could run 6 miles without a tremendous effort.  I'd be tired, but not dead. 
I'll be 75 before Boston Qualifying at my pace, but it goes to say that my life isn't sedentary.
So...
I cannot understand why I work up such a sweat from mopping the floor.
It's a dripping off the face sort of sweat.
One that makes it look like I've just tried to BQ instead of simply keeping my kitchen floor clean.
The drywall downstairs is being sanded, so dust here is (more) prolific (than usual)  but in an effort to minimize the effects on Benjamin's respiratory system, it's a battle that must be fought.
I'm losing.
It's tiring.
Having a place to set up a sewing table is so deliciously tantalizing that I'll go with it.

We punted on our usual Wednesday fun activities.
At 5:30 Nate was already asleep.
He woke up to eat and now is just about ready for baths and bed again.
Benjamin is not too far behind him.
Poor Things.

We all went to bed late last night because we attended an Air Force Concert Band concert at the Weinberg Center here in Frederick.
We were nervous about bringing the kids, since the concert didn't start until 7:30, which is bedtime.
But we decided to try and the kids rose to the occasion.
Benjamin used his binky the entire performance (hey - he's 3)and was quiet.  The older three kids were glued to their seats and seems to really enjoy it.  
So did we.
Along with the music, it was thoroughly enjoyable to run into so many people we knew there, too.  There were at least four other families from church.
Makes us feel like we're almost Townies.
 And...it was nice to get all gussied up for the occasion.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home