Saturday, November 07, 2015

Sugarloaf Mountain

We had to take advantage of the 80 degree weather yesterday.
So after dropping the Olders off at school, the Youngers and I went hiking in Montgomery County. 
We had not been there before and were impressed my the trails and views. 
Looking forward to getting the rest of the family there. 

It was wonderful to bask in the sun, sitting on top of the stone house, imagining what it would be like to live in a house like that with a view like this...
 
I also got to hear profound statements.
Such as, "I don't think I would ever want to sit on a crocodile.  I think he would eat my penis," and "I better hold on to my penis.  It's a long jump down!".  There was also an "Ode to my Penis" song. 
Mind boggling.
And I don't know, after almost 8 years of having boys, why it still surprises me. 

Once we were able to squelch the penis fixation, we did have a fun morning collecting leaves, looking for walking sticks and climbing rocks. 

We didn't think we had ever seen a leaf speckled like this before. 

This was two leaves that had somehow grown into one. 

"Mom!  Look at this one! It's as big as my face!"

Benjamin does adore his older brother.  Mostly.   

A nice picture taken by Benjamin.

Marching to the beat of their own drummer on the roof of the Stone House. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home