Time Flies.
I just realized that this is the last week we can say that the kids are 2, 4, 6 and 8.
Sniff, sniff.
Such nice numbers - almost as much fun as it was to say that they were 6, 4, 2 and new.
They're getting so big.
Benjamin is starting to potty train himself.
Okay. I'll be honest. He's more in the pooping for M&Ms stage, but it's a step.
We're going on 9 years of sponsoring Pampers. This is the first time in 7 years that we only have 1 kid in diapers. Might our diapering days be coming to an end?
Oh, the thought!
That they're all growing up so fast makes me sad...saving $60 a month in diapers puts a spring in my step.
Who am I joking? It will go right into a 529, but not to Proctor & Gamble - I'll take that.
It's nice to sit.
Years from now, when I long for the good old days, I'll post this reminder that THIS was what the kitchen looked like today after a morning of projects and grocery shopping:
Yesterday was an interesting day.
Sam and Caroline got to get out of school early for Mass since church at 7pm would result in meltdowns.
It's always amusing to watch CJ altar serve. She carried the Processional Cross and it was so heavy. She was leaning backwards to keep it upright and needed Deacon Tim's help lift it high enough to put on the stand. Her robe, even though it was the smallest available, is still way too big. The best part was when she winked at us when bringing up the gifts.
She's a piece of work, she is.
Sam declared me the best Mom ever for taking him out of school early. He was less ecstatic to be able to spend that extra time reading and on homework, but is seriously enjoying our reading "The Princess Bride". ;)
Nate got in an argument with gravity and knocked his front teeth loose, resulting in an impromptu trip to the dentist.
Sunday afternoon. Jim was with Caroline at Town Hall, dinner was on the stove and the rest of us were hanging out at home. Nate was being very un-Nate. Walking around, being calm and sane. He was wearing his slippers and walking into the kitchen to help me put some things away. The kid tripped over air. Seriously. There was no warning and he face planted in the blink of an eye. No time to put a hand out to shield his face. BOOM. Blood everywhere. Tears - first from Nate, then from Sam and Benjamin once they saw what happened. I get Nate positioned to see what damage was done and to try to calm him down when I see that dinner on the stove is boiling over everywhere. Nothing I could do about it. Then, with a screaming, bleeding 4 year old cradled in my arms, I got Sam talked down enough to get paper towels and a cube of ice out of the freezer for Nate to suck on. He brings it over, but forgets to close the freezer door. Nate is still hysterical. Benjamin decides this is his next best opportunity to climb to the top shelf of the side-by-side and pulls out the wine ice cream. He then, with Nate still screaming and bleeding, climbs down, pulls out a spoon and goes to town on the pint.
I distinctly remember thinking that I don't get paid enough for this job.
Nate can now wiggle his front teeth with his tongue and eagerly showing off his battle scars.
After x-rays showed that his permanent teeth are not damaged, Dr Love told Nate that the Tooth Fairy would be coming early to see him.
Nate was initially very anxious at the dentist, but once he heard about a Fairy leaving money his reply was, "Good bye Teeth!!!"
Nice recovery.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home