Calm
Benjamin and I have had a busy day.
Because of his refusal to nap we have caught up on laundry, cleaned a bathroom, vacuumed, set the table and made dinner. Sometimes Benjamin is helpful. Like when he took all the chairs and organized them upside down while lying on top of them reading. Right before I was to vacuum that room, of course.
I hope the bugger falls asleep in the car and stays asleep through everyone's activities.
A girl can hope, right?
Otherwise, we have a grumpy night in store for us.
Yesterday we had a blessed day of white space on the calendar.
We ventured down to Fredericksburg to explore.
When learning about the Civil War, you hear people talk about the terrain and tactical advantage. I thought I knew what they are talking about, but I think you almost have to see to start to appreciate. I don't know how many times I have read and listened to Shelby Foote teach about Fredericksburg and how Marye's Heights influenced the battle. Seeing the Heights was a total *DUH. I GET IT NOW* moment.
So cool.
We're looking forward to exploring Chancellorsville, Spotslyvania Courthouse and the Wilderness.
There is so much to do here. Exploring is the best part.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home