Saturday Morning, 7 AM
It's not that early.
Most days, either Jim or I is up at 5 to get the day going. It has become such a habit, we're even awake on the weekends, too.
So Jim is doing work and I'm blogging, waiting for the rain to let up so I can run. Benjamin is on my lap, of course. Because the Little Boy that sleeps until 8AM every weekday so I have to drag him to the bus stop in his jammies *wants* to move and groove at 6 on a Saturday morning.
With Benjamin being the youngest and a very enjoyed baby, he now has some habits that we're trying to break. The main habit being his binky. The boy loves his bink. He knows we're trying to get them, so he has taken even more to squirreling them away. Caroline typically lectures Benjamin about how "Dr Love says that you can't have any more binkies or your teeth won't grow straight". In these instances, Benjamin typically does one of three things...
1-Ignore her
2-Throw a binky at her and then retrieve one from his hidden stash to replace it
3-Bite her.
I mentioned he has a few habits we're trying to work on, right?
Benjamin is funny. He tries to be funny. We can't remember another kid purposefully attempting comic relief at this age. His latest trick to diffuse a situation, usually when he's in trouble or when we're doing something he doesn't want to do is to throw himself face up on the floor, close his eyes and announce, "I died".
Quieter than a tantrum, I'll admit, but the situation can escalate quickly. Especially as I'm picking him up to remove him from the middle of the snack aisle at Safeway and he's screaming, "NO! NO! NO! I DEAD! I DEAD MOMMY!!!" This strategy works well for him during Mass, too.
We've got our work cut out for us.
Benjamin loves playing with the duplo blocks. His favorite things to build are blasters and light sabres, used mostly to cut his siblings down to size. He enjoys action figures and little stuffies, like Beanie Babies. The four kids play Vet Office or Pet Store quite frequently and Benjamin is excited that he is no longer the pet.
Last night, the Gang was playing horse races with the curtain ties I had just taken down from our bedroom.
Always an adventure, I say.
I am trying to blog more.
The past couple months have been active ones for everyone. I'm also piecing together a skirt for Caroline. Hand sewing can be tedious, but doesn't require punctuation, grammar or good spelling skills.
Sewing has been winning over blogging because I can turn my brain off while accomplishing something.
Weather has cleared.
Off to run. Then to Wegmans.
Caroline has to put together a menu for a presidential meal from the state of Maine.
She is going to take pictures of the lobsters, potatoes, broccoli, clam chowder and to get some whoopi pie mix to make today.
We found Moxie yesterday.
God Bless the Mainers that can drink that stuff.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home