First Week of School.
With a little while until the final Afternoon Roundup of the Urchins begins, I hope it's safe to say we survived the return back to school.
There were strikes and gutters, to be certain, but we made it.
Back to School nights are done, sports are started and the routine is about to be set.
GO!
This year, in multiple places, we're having to deal with people with SSS (Special Snowflake Syndrome).
I can only imagine how difficult it must be to go through life with that much pressure and importance. It has to be exhausting.
It's hard to get used to Nate being gone. The house is eerily quiet, especially since he goes to school during Benjamin's naptime.
It's nice to have a chance to do things.
I've had the feeling that this year will be the time that I develop "car projects". There is lots of time waiting in cars - and instead of wasting it (so glad I don't have a smart phone!!!) - I'm trying to come up with productive things that can be done. Bills, letter writing, small sewing projects, reading, homework, Liturgy study...anything that involves Nate and Ben in a 5 point harness. ;)
It's all good. It will just take some adjusting.
Such is life.
We went hiking at Cactoctin Mountain National Park. We saw lots of fish, threw lots of rocks and hung out with the Ranger. Nate got to handle lots of bones and try to put some skeletons together of deer.
Pretty cool.
The coolest part is that we think Nate may have found an arrowhead hiking on the trail.
It looks as if it has been carved in places and fits perfectly in a hand to use as a tool.
We have contacted the Rangers and are headed up to the Park someday soon to have them look at it.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home