Will You Just Go To Sleep?
Naptime.
How I used to love you.
Now?
Not so much.
Nate needs naps badly. It's not even a question of me wanting him to nap and him not napping - he NEEDS it. He gets grumpy and nasty when he's tired. Unfortunately, he has decided he wants nothing to do with naps. That is, until he's strapped in the car while picking up Sam and Caroline and passes out. In this process, he usually pees on the car seat and then sleeps until 4:30, totally destroying any hope of a normal bedtime.
And Benjamin?
Now that he can flip his way out of the pack-n-play, it's a whole new ballgame.
Most kids would get one leg up and over the rail and slide out that way. Benjamin, with the flair he must have gotten from his older sister, flips over the rail. Like a trapeze artist. But without a net. So all you hear is a big THUD and then little sneaky footsteps that try to get to the door to open it.
So I tried to rest with Benjamin, to get him to sleep, thinking the whole time that *this book* should have received a Pulitzer. After about 20 minutes, when Benjamin is calmer, but not all the way sleeping, Nate comes in because he's "scared of the dark." Too bad it's 13:00. This, of course, rouses Benjamin.
All I can do is curse Newton and whatever law that he made up saying that once my butt rests, it's twice as difficult to get it moving again. Especially now that I remember the amount of laundry that needs to be folded and put away and that the dishwasher is broken and everything from last night's dinner until lunch today needs to be hand washed, dried and put away. I also remember that Jim is working late and dinner needs to be made and about 6 other things that should be done.
Then I want to cry.
But wow. I watch the guys that are ripping up our lawn and see how hard they work. I have it EASY.
I think of my Mom and Grandmothers without dishwashers or disposable diapers or many of the other conveniences I depend on...
I can't even complain.
I can just wish for naps.
We had Carolin'es award ceremony at school today.
She got a Citizenship award and was very proud of herself. We're proud of her, too.
Okay - I think they're both asleep.
Ready. Set. GO!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home