Sunday, April 13, 2014

7:53

It's 7:53 on a Sunday night and.  We.  Are.  Toast. 
Benjamin is busy getting a neb treatment while hacking up a lung after contracting the nice respiratory infection I had.  I haven't been able to talk since Thursday. 
Some people are happier about this than others. 
Yesterday CJ had soccer, Sam had T-ball, I had Children's Liturgy (and you thought it was hard to keep the kids engaged during a regular Mass?  Try Palm Sunday.  Oy vey.) and when we finished,  Uncle Patrick and Chrissy were waiting for us at the Village Tavern.  When we got home, we Skyped with Nina & Pops, got ready for Sunday and headed off to bed. 
We were up at 4 this morning to get everyone up and ready to go to Hershey for a 10k. 
SuperDad kudos to Jim for kid wrangling while Pat, Chrissy and I finished.  :) 
We were getting ready to go get our packets when this man ran up behind Caroline and picked her up in a bear hug. 
What a relief when it was Pops. 
He and Nina surprised us by driving down to Hershey! 

I finished last out of the Leahy group with a time of 57:28.  I'll gladly take that, seeing that I've been hobbled all week by shin splints (or sh*t splits, as Sam calls them) and haven't been able to breathe because of a chest cold.  I have work to do before the Boilermaker.  A 10k is difficult because you can't pace yourself like you do for a 1/2 marathon, but it's not an all out sprint like a 5k.  It's a sustained hard run.  Seeing that my stubby little legs can't carry me very fast, I'm going to stick to the longer distances.  Honestly - it's easier to go 10 miles than it is to go 6.  Who knew?
The kids were thrilled to hang out with various stuffed chocolate concoctions during the race.

And now it's time for bed.
G'Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home