Friday, April 11, 2014

One of THOSE Mothers.


The Youngers have colds and didn't nap.  Sam went home with another little boy in his class to play after school.  There is a bunch of stuff that needs to be done before tomorrow (cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming and putting away laundry).  The day is beautiful and the kids should be outside playing. 
However.  We're inside watching "Frozen" (again). 
At least I can sit, ice my shin and hope the afternoon coffee kicks in soon. 

It has been a day. 
There have been glimpses of awesome in it, don't get me wrong.  We've cooked, read, played, eaten cookies and sang.  You haven't lived until you've heard Nate's version of "Let it Go".  Then
Nate locked Benjamin in the blue room because, "I'm done with Benjamin now.  He can go away."  At least he was happy about it. 

But it has been rough, too.
It has been one of those days when I'm about to lose my temper and have 62 other things that need to get done. The kids are nutty, I'm grumpy, the house is a mess and I am accomplishing nothing of when I set out to.
So I went to the only place in the house where I can be alone for 60 seconds while sitting down.  

And then I saw this:
 And then I smiled.  
 Because how can you NOT when there is a Sand Person, a Stormtrooper and R2D2 in a land speeder in your toilet?

Sometimes my life is unrecognizable.  
I like it that way.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home