Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Efficiency

There is no excuse not to blog. 
Only that I have become terribly inefficient after 8pm. 
The West Wing has been watched, the Sox are on a streak, soccer and t-ball are over...
So there is no excuse not to blog. 
I feel better when there is record of what we've done.  It's fun to look back and see where we were 3, 5 or 8 years ago.  I would like to keep that up. 
Here's where we were this week 8 years ago...
How times have changed...

Sniff...sniff...
 
Nate has returned from his week with Nina & Pops. 
He had a wonderful time.  He did everything.  He learned the banina game (yelling "BANINA!!" when you see a yellow car).  He loved being an only child. 
So wonderful of a time, in fact, that he did not want to return home. 
When I picked him up he sobbed in the car.  All the way from Williamsport to Harrisburg. 
"I don't want to live in Maryland (sob).  I want to live in New York (sob).  I don't like having brudders (sob sob).  I want to live with Nina & Pops (sob). BANINA! BANINA! BANINA!  I don't like Maryland (sob)...continuing on for another 90 minutes... "
If it wasn't so ear splitting and headache rendering, it might have been funny.  

So now we're gearing up for the summer.  Vacation Bible School, Day Trips, Dino Camp(!)...lots happening.  

It's nice to have a break from the sports.  We're fortunate that the parents of our kid's friends "get it".  Sport is for fun.  Sport is for learning.  They, like us, realize that we gave birth to Mathletes and have the kids in sports to learn skills they can use to keep themselves healthy later in life. 
But some of these parents?
Don't even get me started.
Ugh.

Oh - Sam pulled his own tooth out the other night.
We are learning he needs to do things on his own terms.

 Then his brothers follow on their terms...

 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home