Sunday Night.
We had a fun weekend. T-ball, Soccer, Children's Liturgy, Beer Hunt, running, Women's Group, Softball...feels like I'm forgetting something...but that just about covers it.
This blog isn't about running, and I don't want it to be.
I just need to mention, though - I LOVE THE TAPER.
The countdown to 13.1 is on.
Even the kids are psyched for their races and asked to have "Boston Shoelaces".
Walkersville will be representing for Boston this year. ;)
30 miles a week were taking a toll on my body. I could feel it - getting out of bed, picking up the kids, kneeling down - all these were becoming laborious. Not enough to stop me, but just enough to remind me that I was probably doing too much.
I can't tell you how good it feels to taper...what a difference a 23 mile week can make. This morning I was able to do 6.7 miles in 1:10:29. I felt like I was flying.
When I got home, the boys begged me to take them running.
The last mile, I can assure you I wasn't flying - especially when Nate chose to run 2 feet in front of me and just slow enough that I would clip his heels. I would move right, he would move right. I would move left, he would move left. Nate and I were slow and steady. I think Sam finished about 3 minutes before we did...but they asked to run. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!
Yesterday was the 2nd Annual Beer Hunt.
We planned a relatively simple meal (meat, veggies, pasta and ice cream/cookies for dessert).
While the men were grilling, the kids hid two cases worth of beer cans in the yard.
Then we went in, had dinner and dessert, hung out a bit and when it was nice and dart (and the kids were nice and punchy) - THEN we got Jim and Mike flashlights and let them search.
It was fun.
A TON of fun.
We're already making plans for next year.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home