In Review.
Seems like everything is in review lately because I just can't keep up.
9pm comes earlier and earlier. Let's face it - 8 hours of sleep just ain't what it used to be - especially since Benjamin has been favoring his pacifier instead of his thumb for soothing. Anytime he can't find the bink...a scream fest results. Do that a couple times a night (along with Nate, who has an owl living in the tree next to his room that freaks him out on an every-other-night basis) and 8 hours really amounts to about 6.5.
See what I mean?
We were engrossed last week following all that happened in Boston. We had the Marathon on for most of the day - I hooked the laptop up to the TV so the boys could cheer. We were having an awesome time. We turned off the TV to get ready to get the kids about 2:45.
Just in time.
When we got back, we couldn't figure out why they were re-playing the elite women finishing.
We heard something had happened, but it took us a while to put together the pieces.
Caroline was freaked. She still is.
I took Mr Roger's advice and told her to look at the pictures and find all the helpers - the Police, Fire Fighters, EMTs and volunteers in their Marathon jackets. She said there looks like there are "hundreds" of helpers. When asked how many hurters, she answered, "Only two." There will always be more helpers than hurters. Always.
I can't tell you how many times this week I've had to repeat that to myself.
Put that with soccer, coaching/playing T-ball, 1/2 marathon training, Children's Liturgy, a Crohns flare and general existence...it's a pretty full plate.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home