Happy Halloween!
Jim and I are cozying up with The Avengers, apple betties and glasses of wine after a busy, fun Halloween. The kids were amazingly well behaved, especially considering that Auntie Melanie made the journey out from Baltimore to improve the adult:child ration with Tricks or Treat. The kids love having her around and will often get themselves into trouble vying for her attention.
Thinking back, we were just getting ready to leave Worcester last year at this time. It was an incredibly stressful time - preparing for the move, kids winding down at school, closing on the Maryland house, praying the Worcester house would sell quickly, saying good-bye to dear friends, living 400 miles away from eachother and 15" of snow, no electricity and a 46 degree house.
It was a time I wasn't sure I would escape with my sanity intact.
But we moved, the kids are doing great in school, our new house and neighborhood are feeling more like home, our Worcester house went under contract the day we moved, we realized real friends never really say good-bye, the snow melted and the power came back on.
And this year we have Benjamin, too! Our "Welcome to Maryland" gift. One of the best gifts I've ever received.
Funny how those things work.
Halloween was good. We all got into the spirit. Caroline was Kirsten Larson , Sam and Nate were Super Man and Benjamin was the most adorable dragon I've ever seen. Auntie Melanie was Bugs Bunny. Jim and I dressed as our favorite reject cheerleaders from Saturday Night Live. Fun stuff.
Benjamin and Sam pre-gaming for the night's activities:
Here are the kids enjoying their time with Auntie Melanie:
And the crazies:
Auntie Melanie with her awesome costume:
Ready for the festivities:
All tuckered out...







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home