Keeping Up.
Nobody told me that keeping up with 4 kids would be so tough!
Okay, they did. But I didn't believe them.
The oldest are at two different schools with two different schedules, which can make it challenging. Put in homework, gymnastics, t-ball, church activities, playdates, exercise and time for just being (should we really need to schedule that?!?!?) and things can get pretty frenetic.
My goal is to keep things as un-frenetic as possible. I don't do well with frenetic. In the past six years, I have learned that less is more. Especially when it comes to activities.
So far, we've limited the kids to one extra activity at a time. Caroline is doing gymnastics and Sam is doing t-ball. We're signing up for these through the county rather than the town (people take their sports incredibly seriously in Walkersville) to keep the level of competition down and limit our time at these activities.
But the main reason that we're limiting participation is to keep family time at a maximum. I'm not willing to give up a family dinner. We need to go to church together. I'm not willing to sacrifice our family weekends. I know this will happen eventually. But we can't do that yet.
Maybe I'm in the wrong. I don't know. My kids certainly aren't the most athletic of the bunch. Not by a longshot. They could certainly use the extra practice. With other kids practicing so much, our kids are lagging behind (athletically speaking). Are we doing them a disservice by limiting participation? Are we wrong by keeping our focus on our family unit (and Mommy's sanity)? Is it selfish on our part to restrict access to fun activities so we can have more of each other? Is is unfair that because we've chosen to have four children that our kids won't be able to participate in all the things that families with one or two children do?
Not sure.
Okay-enough of that. I"m listening to CNN right now. Piers Morgan is interviewing Ann Coulter. I've never heard her speak or read anything by her.
I'm not impressed. So not impressed.
She is whining and stomping her feet because she didn't get her way and got called out for it.
I've worked with people who are mentally retarded. Being mentally retarded does not mean you're stupid. If you want to say someone is stupid, there are many, many ways to get your point across.
What she said was wrong.
Acknowledge your error, apologize and move on.
And that's all I have to say about that.
Oh, the things I blog about a 5 in the morning...
Here's Sam at t-ball last night. He did well, even if he was doing interpretive dance at shortstop...
Benjamin continues to suck his thumb. He gets so frustrated because he pokes himself in the eye as he's trying to get his thumb in his mouth. Pretty funny, actually.
The aftermath of Trunk or Treat. Let the Halloween festivities begin!!!!







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home