Hurricane Sandy
Sandy is over.
Thank goodness. We got about 8 inches of rain and have a very soggy, muddy yard but the house and trees around us took no damage. We didn't even lose power.
The kids had yesterday and today off from school. Hurricanes Caroline, Sam, Nate and Ben came ashore about 10 AM today after flirting with landfall yesterday. Luckily there were friends to play with and a chorus of chainsaws around the neighborhood to investigate. There were only a few trees down. We dodged a bullet. Big time.
We are counting our blessing that the only storm related casualty we had was Nate's JJ Hardy bobble-head doll. He mournfully carried JJ into our bathroom yesterday saying, "Mama, I till Day-Day. I tilled him." Nothing a little superglue can't fix...
We had to use a lot of Netflix to keep us entertained, I'm sad to say. We learned about the geologic history of Washington DC and New York. I found out more about archosaurs than I ever cared to know. I was able to use "Bo on the Go" to my advantage by getting the us to exercise along with Bo (as annoying as she may be). 4000 steps is 4000 steps. I can't complain about that. Especially when I can get 10,000 paces without leaving the house.
Caroline got in some quality time with Benjamin. The older kids all still seem enamored with their littlest brother. Benjamin is downright chatty with the kids and gets so excited when they're around. So cute.
Today, despite the 40 degree temps, I took the boys on a walk about the neighborhood to do some damage assessment. After a rousing game of "Match the Shingle on the Sidewalk to the House it Belongs to", we resorted to puddle stomping.
Nate, ever the non-conformist, preferred a game of puddle sitting instead of stomping.
Wow.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home