Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In Case You Were Wondering...

YES.
We still are picking up styrofoam peanuts from Caroline's old beanbag chair.

I'm playing the bad mother right now and letting the boys watch a new episode of "The Backyardigans" (or The Backyardigardigans as Sam calls them) while I'm on the computer. There are a lot of other things I should be doing...getting clothes together, folding laundry, sweeping, mopping, picking up. But frankly, it just feels so good to sit.
And so I will.
At least for a few minutes.

We had an hour and a half or so of intense thunderstorms last night from about 3-4:30, so no one got a decent night of sleep. Caroline did go to school today - wild horses couldn't keep her away. The boys and I made apple walnut muffins this afternoon. But Sam won't touch them, even when I call them "apple cupcakes". Apparently it is simply too much nutrition in one place for him - you know, with the apples and everything in them. Dinner is set for the oven, I just need to boil the potatoes. He probably won't touch that, either - so he can eat himself a bowl of Cheerios and some carrots. Some battles are worth fighting and some are not.

It was Opposite Day yesterday for Sam at school. He went as a "Delivery Agent" on top and a "Boy" on the bottom. That was a good as it got. But I'll take it. =-) He was cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home