Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another Sunday NIght

The trend continues.
It has been a busy week, but we had some breathing room. It's been nice like that lately.

It looks likes the poison ivy on my legs is finally clearing up and I'm looking forward to a non benadryl-induced sleep where I don't feel like ripping my skin off.

Caroline has been into everything this week. Which is a change, because we're usually saying that about Sam.
Monday was a tough day for her. She got her first black eye. There are no pictures. I felt bad for her - she was playing baseball with the little girl across the street and got whacked in the face. And all this after telling Uncle Matt a couple weeks ago that "I'm not going to catch a foul ball - it's too dangerous." I think her words proved true.
We also had an adventure on Monday night. It was about an hour and a half after the kids went down and Jim and I were getting ready for bed ourselves. Suddenly we heard (and felt) a tremendous CRASH come from Caroline's room. She had taken it upon herself to try and get something that was on top of her dresser and used the drawers as steps. Her weight pulled the dresser forward and the drawers came out and landed on her as she fell. Her Guardian Angel was working overtime because Caroline was fine (except for a bloody tooth and a split toe) and nothing broke (not even the Winnie-the-Pooh clock with the glass dome). It is really a miracle that she wasn't hurt. We have re-arranged things to eliminate whatever need there was for her to get on top of the dresser and we're thinking of bolting the dresser to the wall. She is not the child that I would expect to be doing things like that! I get a few more grey hairs every time I think about it. Ugh.
Wednesday night was softball. We lost to the DA's Office (don't ask me how they got into to the healthcare league) 3-4. But on the bright side, we totally (and unexpectedly) kicked Astra-Zeneca's butts the week before.
The rest of the week we've been taking it easy. We went to our favorite hangout with our favorite drink and had a lovely dinner on Friday night.
Saturday was also a very low key day.

Happy Father's Day to all!
To celebrate, after church we went for some bagels and then used our open ended Tornadoes tickets (Thank you Pat and Erica!). It was a rain soaked game. There were only about a hundred or so fans left by the end of the game. But we had a very nice time.
-We also had an Eric Gagne sighting - oh how the mighty have fallen.
Did I mention it was a bit wet at the game?

Well, wet didn't quite cover it. Soaked was probably more appropriate - but Sam didn't seem to mind!

I was glad I put some rags in our bag - the kids kept themselves entertained between innings by wiping off the bleachers.

This really does seem to be Sam's preferred way of wearing his hat.

And here is after the game when we were (finally) warm and dry. In case you wondered, it's Cinderella the bride and her pumpkin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home