Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Knew...

...that two good nights in a row would be too much to ask! Caroline is currently quite upset that she had to stop watching video of the space shuttle launch and go to bed. Jim has had to do at least one "monster sweep" and an "up hug". Hopefully she'll be asleep soon.
**UPDATE- Caroline told me she needed ten books to go to sleep - I'm thinking it's going to be a long night. Sigh. **
Last night was an almost out of body experience. Both kids were down by seven thirty and we had time to talk and read. But the really amazing part was that both children slept through the night!
I think the last time that happened was....ummmm....well....NEVER (okay - maybe once - but it's foggy).
We had such a nice day today. I think we've been trying to do too much. And trying to cram all that stuff on our To-Do List into a day was resulting in getting nothing done. So, for the past week or so, inspired by a blog (Thank you, Charlene), I keep reminding myself that the only things I HAVE to do are keep my children clothed and fed. Strangely enough, when I focus on only those things, soooo much more gets done. And we have a lot more fun. And everyone naps at the same time. And the days are much less stressful. Funny how those things work, huh?
Here are Jim and Caroline watching the Atlantis take-off:

1 Comments:

Blogger Charla said...

:) Thanks for the smile! Isn't Carole's blog incredible?! I'm so inspired!!!
Do you think they realize how much we want sleep when they choose which nights to skip sleep altogether? Jasmine knew it was last night for me! *sigh*

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home