Sunday, May 31, 2009

The End of May

Can it really be already the end of May? I seems like it was just the beginning of spring. And seeing that we're projected to have a frost tonight, I would argue that spring hasn't started yet. But the calendar says it's summer.
There are many things that I suppose I should be doing right now, but I'll give myself some time to blog before getting to the nitty-gritty of preparing for next week.
But we did have some wonderful weather this weekend and we got our garden in. The yard is cleaned up. The city even came and hauled away the last of our downed branches from the ice storm. The house is starting to look respectable again. We just have to finish painting the outside and fix the front steps. Then (at least for a little while) we'll be done.
We went on a short hike and had a picnic lunch today with some friends from church. It was perfect weather and the kids did just fine, which was impressive, considering we were walking for over an hour.
We had an early dinner, and since some thunderstorms had just rolled through and the sky had cleared nicely - it was perfect weather for PUDDLE STOMPING!
Caroline got some new-to-her boots and (even though they are quite girly) Sam didn't seem to mind wearing Caroline's old ones.
Caroline is apparently giving Sam the rules of puddle stomping:

I think Sam is just amazed that we're really letting him stomp through the water!

And they're OFF!

MAN DOWN! MAN DOWN!!!

I think the shirt says it all (Thanks, Sara!)...

Action shot of Caroline:

Look familiar?


CHEESE!!! This kid is such a ham.

They were both pretty soaked by the time we got home. It wast straight to bathies and bed.

But not before a hug. Sometimes they're so cute together it makes my heart ache.
We got to go to some garage sales yesterday. Caroline got a beautiful princess dress that she wore for a good portion of the day. Here the kids are sitting in the kitchen watching "Box TV". Who says you need television to keep kids entertained?!?! And yes, Sam is wearing a tutu. But the Marlins shirt balances it out.


And I have no idea why Caroline is wearing a crown, galoshes and not much else - but they look like they're having fun!

PS - Sam loves ice cream!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home