Saturday, April 14, 2007

Happy WGI!

It's WGI finals weekend again in exotic and mysterious Dayton, OH. I haven't been able to go to championships since I last performed in 1998, but every year I follow the goings-on of this weekend with baited breath.
The Scholastic Open finals are going on as I type. Congrats to Gates Chili High School for making the cut this year in Open Class. It's never easy to move up a class, let alone make finals in the higher class the first year you are moved up. Great Job!
St Ann's is also back in A Class and made finals. We were able to see them at the show we went to at Milton High and it was so nice to see the girls from Dorchester spinning their hearts out.
Blessed Sacrament is in fourth place (by .2 points) going into finals. They pulled out all the stops this year and it would be a shame not to see them medal. I was surprised to see Aimachi in the top three. They are always entertaining. I would love to pull up their website, but I can't since it's in Japanese and I wouldn't have a clue to what I was looking at. Finals don't end until almost midnight tonight - so I'll have to check on the scores in the morning before I go to work.

On another note: Caroline got into the Oreos last night (I should just learn not to buy them). She has always been a "twister" sort of Oreo eater. She takes the cookie apart and bites off the filling before eating the rest of the cookie. But last night, after her usual biting out the filling, she took her finger and scraped off as much as she could, so as not to miss any! I don't think she's ever seen an Oreo commercial and Jim and I certainly don't eat our Oreos that way (he's a biter and I'm a dunker). I wonder where she learned it from. We're thinking that how we eat Oreos is some sort of pre-programmed biological mechanism for survival...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home