Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter (continued)...



Happy Easter! We are slowly winding down after a great day. I just figured that I would ramble for a bit before heading up to bed. The Red Sox are on the radio (and actually winning) and I can't think of much else I'd rather be doing than listening to the game drinking a glass of wine and eating Uncle Carl's chocolate chip cookies with my husband. =-)


We had a busy day yesterday. Early in the morning we went to the Red Cross on Plantation St to donate blood. We had called to schedule an appointment and never received a call back - so we figured that we had some extra time so we would just show up to donate. WRONG-O. When we showed up (we saw one person waiting and two people on mats getting blood extricated - or whatever they do with blood - there may have been stuff going on behind the scenes - but they didn't seem particularly busy) we were informed that they were not accepting walk-ins. We were willing to wait or have even just one of us donate - but we were told that we would not be able to give.

Let me get this straight. They're in dire need of blood. "Critical shortage" is what I seem to recall hearing. And they "don't accept" walk-ins? Even if they're willing to wait around? Hmmmmmm. Am I the only one that thinks this doesn't seem quite right?

So we went to Dunkies for some cocoa, played on the mega-swingset at the Lakeview School and went to the Ecotarium. And we kept all of our blood. Hmph!


We got to church at regular time this morning only to find there was standing room only. So we situated ourselves near the doors in the back (in case Little-Miss Monkeyshines necessitated a quick getaway). Mass was great. The children's choir was so pretty I was almost in tears a couple of times and didn't even mind standing for more than an hour. I love Easter services.

Then we were off to New Hampshire for a wonderful dinner with family. Sometimes it helps to have a day like this to appreciate how truly blessed we are.


Here are some pictures from today (courtesy of Caroline's Grampy):

Busted with her hands in the egg bowl!


Apparently plastic eggs are very tasty.



The new backpack that the Easter Bunny left for Caroline at Grammy and Grampy's house



The Easter Bunny was nice enough to put a Backyardigans DVD in the pack!



Can you tell by the expression on her face that she loves the Backyardigans?!?


Hangin' out with puppy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home