Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday Night

Caroline is in bed and we're watching the Series. Tigers are up in the top of the second. Pudge just tagged from first to second. That's HUGE. Excellent baserunning. McCarver still talks too much, but it's getting to the point where he's sort of like static on a radio. I just tune it out.
On baseball tangent...Jeff Suppan is pitching. Jim won us a case of Coke and a really nice can opener at a game in Pawtucket the night before we got married by knowing where Suppan was chosen in the last expansion draft. Not that we're real big Coke fans, but we still have the can opener and I have to say I think of Suppan when I use it.

It's a pretty light blogging night. The nurses at UMASS are back on the job. I had an appointment there this morning and can attest that it was not a happy place to be. The MD that I was supposed to see "called out" and it happened to be just before his first patient was scheduled at 10AM (this was me). Because of this there wasn't time to call the patients to cancel them - so they just waited until we showed up to tell us that there wasn't a doctor to see us. Coincidence?

No new pictures of Caroline, but she continues to become more and more mobile. We caught her trying to go up the stairs the other day. I just got behind her to make sure she was safe and she was able to make it all the way up the stairs by herself. She attempts to scale everything and anything that is in her way and gets very testy if you try to help her at all. She's going to do things and she's going to do them her way. Reminds me of someone that I know...

I should be ironing right now and doing something productive. But I heard a wise woman say "Don't should on me" recently and if I think of that I really don't feel too badly about sitting on my butt.

We were able to make it to the Centrum yesterday for the rally with Duval Patrick and Bill Clinton. We weren't exactly active participants, but I've never seen a president before (ex or otherwise), so I figured that this was my shot. The whole thing had a revival feel to it. There were tons of people and little babies and lots of men in suits trying to look important. For some reason people in Worcester love Bill Clinton. I mean really love him. Like he's a rock star or something. People haven't forgotten that he was here after the fire at the cold storage warehouse.
Caroline had a great time at the rally. People we standing and cheering and singing and while we stood the back corner of the Centrum (so we could make a quick getaway if she got crazy), she really enjoyed the oppourtunity to be loud and clap when everyone else did.

Okay - time for bed. More pics later on in the weekend, hopefully...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home