Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Rambling...


Tuesday night. It's rainy and cold, but not nearly as bad as it could be.

I'm sitting in front of the television watching the game. McCarver is still driving me nuts, but at least I don't have to listen to him and his Derek Jeter Love Fest.

Thanks to my wonderful husband I was able to find the camera and will post the gorgeous flowers that the family got to celebrate Caroline's nine month birthday.

I also intend to do some more blogging on Buck O'Neil. I was saddened to hear of his death last week. I realize that Ken Burns was probably one of the best things that happened to Buck, but somehow I think his passing would be a little easier to take if he was in Cooperstown where he ought to be. My Dad got to meet him a few times and always came away impressed just by his presence. I'm re-reading his autobiography and am continually amazed by O'Neil's grace and appreciation of life - even when he was rarely handed the best of circumstances. Here is one of the pictures that my Dad sent me that he took the last time he was able to see O'Neil. I beleive it was this past summer. Looking pretty good for ninety-four, huh?



Okay - it's getting late...it's time for us to fire up the laptop to we can go to sleep to the sound of the game. Go Mets (even though it's lots of fun to say Pujols over and over again)! This may be juvenile - but Cardinals are PONDSCUM! (Hi Uncle Mark - I love you) =-)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home