First Day of School (in February)
Happy start of Grade 2 to Benjamin.
It took us a full year with a cross country move to get him through first grade.
Now he's ready to kick butt in Grade 2.
His resolution for the new school year was to "listen to more Led Zeppelin".
Because that's how this kid rolls.
Help. Us. All.
I'm learning now that when someone says "We have a problem", it really means I have a problem.
It was announced while the kids were cleaning bathrooms.
I came upstairs to find this.
The good news is that the rim of the toilet seat is quite clean. Even the areas near where the screws attach to the commode.
The other good news was that I did not yell or cuss.
My only replies were an audible sigh and to tell him to put the seat back, even if it's not attached - NONE of us are prepared for the wrath of Caroline that would erupt if she were to take an unexpected dip around midnight if the seat wasn't there.
We are getting through some interesting things in school. Caroline loves art. Loves looking at it, analyzing it, thinking about it and making it. The closest to an art class I've ever taken is 10th grade French when we covered Impressionist painters. I don't do art. I don't get it like she does.
She learned about the catacomb art in the Tomb of Priscilla and she did made some examples with cards explaining the included symbolism. Caroline is also coordinating an "art show" that we will put on, under her expert eye, later on in the school year.
She's psyched. I'm hoping this gives me the impetus to keep challenging her.
I'm also trying to "incentive bundle" to get me to blog more. The West Wing is on in the background - the episodes with Lord John Marbury are first up.










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home