Thursdays in January
Thursdays are tough.
With the cold, long nights and spring a couple months off, Thursdays in January are REALLY tough.
We haven't really had much illness since the kids started homeschooling. I'm sure they still lick doorknobs and eat boogers, but their immune systems have been dealing effectively. Sam is currently down with a fever and sore throat and Nate is running at about 50%. We'll have to see how it goes.
I thought Sam was dogging it during school yesterday afternoon and said, "If you're that sick, just go upstairs and go to bed. No television tonight and no Lego playing."
He got up, crawled into his bed and slept for the next 3 hours.
I guess he showed me.
Sam is still pretty out of it. He didn't do any school today and is still lying on the couch - but he didn't feel well enough to even ask to watch anything until after 5pm. Nate looks washed out and is lacking his usual vigor. I'll have to keep an eye on him.
School today with only three kids was pretty uneventful. Benjamin is *so* close to finishing first grade. About 18 lessons to go. We just have to power him through it. His writing is improving, its just getting him to write thoroughly and elaborate that is the challenge.
I'm loving that today was a good day.
Some days look like this:
And some days look like this:
Got to take it as it comes.
Grace is the word.
Tseitle is adjusting nicely to her new digs.
And we were afraid she wouldn't be comfortable.
Let's just say she has made herself at home.










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home