January
January?
How the crap did that happen?!?
We're enjoying the last few days of quiet before activities kick in again...
Blogging has been sparse. If the kids see me sitting at the computer, they think I"m doing something fun, like playing a game. It doesn't occur to them that I might be paying bills or ordering groceries (Walmart Grocery Pickup = Best. Thing. Ever) or checking the news or blogging.
They just see me at the computer, pull up a chair and start chatting. Or they try to sit on my lap. Or play with my hair. After a day of homeschooling and being "on" - most days I'm just not in the mood to have anything breathing within arm's reach after 5pm. So I give up and let them have the computer.
But...today the little girl from next door is over - so I'll give it a try.
And - get this - the kids are playing school.
Like it's not enough that they live at their school.
Because we were on our own for Christmas, we continued with school right on through - taking the day off for Christmas, but not much else. It made the time go faster and gave the kds projects to work on.
| Sam did the draft for this paragraph. He typed it. No tears. It was a Christmas Miracle. |
Chaos reigns.
But somehow, stuff gets done.
| Nate was born in the year of the Tiger and Ben the year of the Dragon. They spent most of the day wearing these. It was cute. Mostly because it muffled their voices. But, hey. |
| I was happy to get some sewing in. I found the fabric for $1/yard and had to put it to good use. It's a little too long for a tunic, but she liked it. |
| Ain't it the truth. |
We we able to use our membership to the Science Museum Oklahoma.
It's awesome. The kids can't wait to go back.
Nate, in fact, declared that he wanted to homeschool if it meant he could go to the museum more.
That's something.
| He enjoyed laying down on a bed of nails. Huh. |
| Sam was spinning testing centripetal force until he turned a little green. |
| He enjoyed driving. And the siren. |
| There was a water table that the boys could make dams and redirect water at. They were able to make a water wheel work. Both boys were at the table for 45 minutes. |
| Our Peeps. |
This is why we can't have nice things.
Sigh.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home