Sunday Rest.
Since it was not a restful week, we tried very hard to make it a restful weekend.
After a day of blessed White Space yesterday spent joyfully tackling Halloween and Mass & TBall today, we're sitting as a family introducing the kids to Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Nate came downstairs yesterday wearing a fedora and using a jump rope as a whip declaring he was "Dr Jones". We had to go with it...because if we can encourage him to pull off Indiana Jones for Halloween, it will be an easy costume that we can have a lot of fun with as a family!
Caroline has decided she wants to be a lady from the 50s for Halloween. Except for the shoes, we finished her costume yesterday. We found a junior sized strapless dress with a black poofy skirt, a plain pink t-shirt and a kerchief at Goodwill. We cut off the top of the dress, made it into a skirt, found some poodle appliques and TA-DA! Instant young lady going to a sock hop!
Most importantly, Caroline loves it.
A WIN!
Benjamin said he wants to be a dinosaur for Halloween. We were able to pick up a dino costume and some reptile feet slippers at a secondhand store. Put those with some dinosaur jammies and Ben-Ben was happy as could be. :)
Now all we have to figure out is how to clothe Sam, who, of course, wants to be a pilot...
We had a lovely adventure on Tuesday with friends hiking down to the Monocacy River.
Benjamin was coughing a little that day, but everyone had a cold, so I didn't think much of it.
Tuesday night, I was mostly hoping for a good night of sleep.
Until I was awoke by the cat meowing about 11:30.
I went in to check on the kids and noticed Nate snoring.
Then I remembered that Nate doesn't snore anymore...
So I checked on Ben and noticed the sounds were coming from him and that he was working very, very hard to breathe.
Knowing I would need back-up, I called my wonderful neighbor. She arrived in just a couple minutes and Benjamin went right to her. At this point, he was working so hard to breathe that he was getting frantic. We gave him a neb, but it didn't help - so Celeste hunkered down with the other three Urchins and off Ben and I went to the ER.
After a racemic epi, another neb and some decadron, Benjamin was breathing much easier and we were allowed to head home after a few hours of observation. .
Ben finished up his prednisone today, which is a good thing because it's exhausting trying to keep up with him. He is bouncing off the walls.
But he is off the wall and breathing well...so we'll take it.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home