Summer
This summer is going by too quickly.
It blows my mind that it's already the end of July.
We have been working very hard to document the kid's summer as part of their homework assignment, but focusing so much on that, I've let the blog slep.
We have been having many adventures, including Nate spending a week with Nina & Pops last week and Sam up there this week.
There is no doubt that fun has been had.
I think my parents will sleep well for the next few weeks...
So...the best race of the year happened a couple of weeks ago.
The Boilermaker is like Christmas for me.
Pops was hobbling around with a bum achilles, Patrick was hobbling around in need of a new hip and Matthew was puking up a storm, having started training on Thursday, I figured I would bring up the rear and monitor the ambulances along the route for any of my family members that they may contain.
The weather was beautiful, the people were beautiful, the scenery was beautiful and no one in my family was found in ambulances along the route.
It was one of those super rare runs where everything falls into place and it's so clear that while I may not always like running, I love it very much and it's part of my heart. Every step was a prayer. After all that has happened and all the injuries and how much I worked over the past year and all the doubt that I could ever run a mid-distance race again...the day was everything I could have hoped for.
Amen.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home