Tuesday, September 01, 2015

1st Day of School

Now that we're well into the second week of school, it's about time to blog about the first day.
Last week went well - better than I expected, actually. 
Everyone is adjusting - Sam is making friends and enjoying doing homework (!).  Caroline is in the routine and learning to fit her flute practice and forty minutes of homework in her day. 
We've been getting up on time, got to school on time, learned the drop off / pick up line routine and are getting in the rhythm of chores, activities and outings. 
Just in time to come up with a new routine when Nate's school and TBall begin next week.
Lest I become too comfortable and actually think I have things under control...
HA!
I have to be honest, though - at the end of last week I felt like I was coming off a 3 day bender.  Getting back in the groove is exhausting.  It's 8:39 and I can't imagine being any place other than in my bed.  Oy.

So here is the first day of 4th and 2nd grades.
Ben was wicked pissed when he realized he didn't get to go to school, too.
Nate, I think, was relieved he didn't have to go.  
We'll call it the first day of school for everyone because the odds of getting all of them in the same place, dressed and looking at the camera again on Nate's real first day are slim-to-none.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home