26 Minutes
26 minutes until the Muppet Show with Dudley Moore.
We have been getting ready for Christmas, Birthdays, Pageants, races...
It has been exhausting, frankly.
A snow day (or three) was just what we needed.
We banded with our neighbors to get most everyone shoveled out yesterday. 8" of snow is the most we seen in a few years. We're supposed to get another three to five inches tomorrow. Oy. So much for recovery days after the race.
We headed to Delaware on Friday for the Rehoboth Half Marathon. The weather cleared up - 13.1 miles in 37 degrees wasn't actually that bad. It was a small race - much of it through Henlopin State Park - which was beautiful, if very muddy. Because the roads to the park weren't shut down and us runners were on the side of the road, we didn't get much breathing room until Mile 9 when the full marathon broke away from the half. The lack of hills was much appreciated, as was the Delaware State Trooper screaming at all of us (especially the men) drill sergeant style. "Get across the street, Buttercup - I want to be home in time for Christmas!"
2:06:01. Not quite the time I wanted. There is plenty to work on for next time.
We got up our Christmas Tree.
It's fake because the thought of one more living thing in this house was enough to make me crazy(er).
It's pretty, though. We took all the potholder loops that were too short and linked them together to make garland.
And I just looked up and realized that much of the Under 13 crowd in the neighborhood is watching The Muppet Show now...all of the sudden I have 7 kids instead of four! Time to be the adult, I suppose!








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home