Schedules
If you know me, you know how I like schedules.
I adore them.
Predictability. Routine. Standard Operating Procedure.
Somehow, it makes things easier for me to enjoy if I know (more or less) what's on the horizon.
I am a *write it on the calendar if you want it to happen* sort of girl.
I realize that life isn't like that.
At. All.
Especially in a house with four children under the age of 8.
Recently, there has been a lot going on and I've been getting overwhelmed with housekeeping.
Not the spotless, Martha Stewart housekeeping...but the "let's get up the stairs without tripping on anything" kind of housekeeping.
I realized if I keep on top of the every-day stuff, the craziness that pops up is easier to manage, too.
So the past few weeks, I've been trying to keep up with a cleaning schedule.
I know, I know...it sounds so very rigid and so very Donna Reed.
BUT...so far so good.
I've found that if I know exactly what I want to do that day and get it done first thing, the rest of my day is just so much more enjoyable.
I get a lot more done and am able to spend more time just *being* with the kids.
Nate is a big help during the day. I'm finding the more I ask him to do, the more he does willingly. He also seems to like helping me more.
Good stuff.
I know (oh - I KNOW) that this won't always be like this. But the focus/schedule is helping for now.
Yay!
I need all the help I can get.
Nate's school had an Art Show last night.
Here is Nate with his *not so scary* scarecrow.
And we'll end with a photo of the crazies. :)







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home