Thursday, June 20, 2013

Noodle Run 2013 - Harrisburg, PA

After realizing there will never be the same summer twice, I made an executive decision. 
This summer is going to be about adventures. 
So I asked the kids what they wanted to do this summer.
Caroline wanted to run in a race.
Sam said he was hungry.
Nate decided he was a superhero.
Benjamin sucked contentedly on his binky. 

So I tried to find something that covered us all. 
I succeeded. 
Yesterday afternoon I packed the kids in the car and drove up to Harrisburg, PA for the 2013 Pasta Run and Kids Noodle Run. 
I figured we would go up for the night when Jim was working late. 
Yup.  I'm insane. 

The event took place on City Island, which is in the middle of the Susquehanna River.  The stadium for the Harrisburg Senators is there along with a kid sized railroad that goes around the island, an arcade and a horse stable. 
The stadium is lovely and we will try to make our way back up there for a game soon. 

The Kid Run was fun.  Nate, not to be outdone by his older siblings, insisted on running.  However, when he got into the run (maybe about 3/4 mile total distance), he sat down in the middle of the race and begged for me to carry him.  So, with Benjamin on my front and Nate hanging on for dear life piggy-back-style, we made our way to the finish line.  Once he realized that people were cheering, he got down and ran the rest of the way.  THANK GOODNESS.
Sam and Caroline did great and ran the whole race holding hands.
Oh - I forgot to mention the kids wore capes (Nate's request).  :)  This was helpful for me actually, it made them much easier to find.
By the end of the pasta dinner, everyone was ready to go home.  We left in the middle of the awards ceremony, which resulted in some dirty looks from the volunteers that I asked to help me with my stroller because they set up the food tables in front of the only accessible entrance/exit to the pavilion.  But those looks, I'm sure, were minimal compared to what they could have been had Nate and Ben lost it because it was past their bed time.  But they still weren't appreciated.  If there had been an emergency, their set up would have been a BIG problem.  
Once in the car, Nate and Caroline were goofing off.  They were having fun, but by that point in the evening I had had enough and wanted them to sleep.  No sleep was had until we hit Thurmont. 
I'm hoping they all sleep late this morning. 
Mommy needs some time to recover from  adventure.  :)










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home