Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday, 9pm

So much for being in bed before 9.
This time change is kicking everyone's butts.

The next few weeks are going to be frenetic.  I'm getting overwhelmed just thinking about it.

-T-Ball starts (with the e-mails, planning, coordinating and communicating that goes with being coach)
-soccer starts (with Caroline and the gnashing of teeth that there will be because it's going to be really difficult for her to keep up)
-Caroline's Science Fair project is due 4/4 (oh - the things I never wanted to know about the KT Boundary...)
-the Tolleson Draft is coming up (got to bring the cups and power strip!)
-Parent/Teacher conferences (and bringing a dish to pass for the teacher's dinner)
-1/2 days of school
-North Frederick Spring Festival (making a cake for the Cake Walk)
-preparing for Benjamin's baptism (a very small get together - heck - who am I kidding?!?!  NOTHING is small when the 6 of us are involved!!!)
-preparing for Holy Week and Easter
-Benjamin has both urology and cardiology appointments at Children's National (we'll probably end up scheduling at least one procedure for the poor little urchin)
-the half-marathon thing...

ENOUGH!!!
But, as with anything else, it's usually worse thinking about these things than it is actually doing something about them. 
If I shut my mouth, quit b*tching and get to work...it's not going to be that bad.
Challenging, yes.
Bad, (hopefully) no. 

We had a snowstorm last Wednesday that was predicted to be a whopper, but turned into nothing but a snow day (5").  Worcester, on the other hand, was supposed to get 8" and ended up with 24".  Heehee.


So we did end up getting some good pictures on Wednesday, since the storm ended up as just a cold, nasty rainstorm.

We've also been experimenting with a lot of bread recipes and found some really easy, really good whole wheat beer bread.  One of Nate's favorite pastimes has been watching it bake.  I won't complain about all the finger and nose prints on the oven glass.  It keeps him out of trouble.

We also had some visits from some super heroes this weekend.  They sure do keep things interesting.

I also found some budding paleontologists digging in my front yard.  According to one, they found coprolite from an Argentinosaurus.
Figures it would have something to do with poop.  That is a frequent conversation topic (along with farting and burping) here.
Oh...and because I'm old and like to sleep, I missed Justin Timberlake on SNL last night.  Grrr.  He was AWESOME!  We got a big, big laugh from this skit...LOVE the 5 Timers Club! 
We wondered where Eliot Gould was, though...



Saturday Night Live - Tom Hanks - 12/08/1990 by ccob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home