Ash Wednesday
So far, so good.
We had a rockin' Mardi Gras celebration last night in our newly re-arranged family room. We know how to party here.
Both boys are occupied right now - either in school or taking an afternoon snooze. I was looking forward to this time to get some things done around the house, but then I realized that I need to take some time to do what I want to. No one is going to say, "Mama - you look like you need a few minutes to blog," or "Mama - why don't I fix dinner and you go for a walk." So, in spite of my NO INTERNET DURING THE DAY rule during Lent, I am making an exception for blogging. Jesus understands. And if not - he can go see Mary. She knows the importance of Mommy Time. She'll talk some sense into Him.
Thank goodness Nate is sleeping. I love my children more that I can ever express. That being said, my youngest son is a turd. I use the term lovingly but also to avoid the real four letter word I have in mind that won't make it through the censors.
Yesterday, not only did he destructinate the bean bag chair (there is NOT a room in this house that is free from little, tiny Styrofoam peanuts), but I had to extricate him from the toy room when I caught him up on the craft table trying to jump to reach the ceiling fan pull cord. And THEN he was able to scale the three foot tall fence at the play area and climb down the other side.
Like I wrote to Rollin & Judy last night - there isn't enough hair dye in the world...
My thoughts on this were only solidified this morning when we sat with another family (who has 5 kids ranging from about 14 to 3) and the Mom looked at me struggling with Nate and said, "I really don't miss those days." Of course, then we switched up the kids (had Nate sit with her and I took two of hers) and they behaved perfectly. Figures.
Today I told Nate to go get his O's hat on to go outside. He goes to get his hat. I think, "Great! He is actually listening." He shows up with a bowl on his head.
Uh-huh. Turd is the word.

Today was also Sam's first day of school. He was thrilled. I think he'll sleep well tonight.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home