Sunday, February 12, 2012

Flat Stanley

It's quarter to eight and I am very much ready for bed.
We got a lot accomplished today. Jim got to spend time at work, the boys and I got the house picked up, lunches are made and we're as ready as we're ever going to be to face this upcoming week. I didn't get to walk, but I'll get out tomorrow. Or better yet, I'll use the treadmill. It's cold outside. It amazes me how thin my blood has become in a mere 14 weeks.
We are definitely getting used to calling Maryland home. It's still not home yet, it is getting more comfortable. Don't get me wrong - there are some days that I desperately miss Worcester. Last week I had to watch Fitzy (I have to laugh hysterically when Nate burps along with Fitzy) just so I could hear someone talk normally! I wish we had more friends here and could get out more here and knew our way around here better. But we're learning. Every day it's getting a bit easier. And there is a lot to be said for that.

With all that being said, we had a house guest from Rochester this weekend. Flat Stanley came down to see Walkersville and get the lay of the land for a kindergarten project in the Greece Schools. We will take him around a bit more tomorrow and mail him home on Tues. Looks like he had some fun...
He went to the bus stop before school.

Stanley has quite the sweet tooth and we caught him red handed on a couple mornings.


He and Nate also got in some trouble with a box of Cheerios.

After recovering from the Time Out associated with the Cheerios incident, we had a good time at the Village Tavern on Friday night.

We'll update about his other travels later...G'Night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home